We have collected answers to the most frequently asked questions for your convenience:
I) Concerning Orders and Customer Accounts
1. How can I place an order with Rodipet?
You can order online at our Rodipet shop. On the page of each item you will find a button saying "order now". On the top right hand side of the shop you will see an image of a hamster pushing a shopping cart - in the green box below it you can see all the items you have placed in your shopping cart. just click there to proceed to the order form.
2. Do I need to create a customer account to place orders with Rodipet?
No. During the order process you can choose to create a customer account, to log into your existing account or to order as a guest.
3. What are the advantages of creating a customer account?
Your address details are saved in your customer account, so you will not need to enter them afresh with every order you place. Moreover, you can create a list of personal favourites, so if you want to order certain products (e. g. food or bedding) more frequently you won't have to search the shop over for them every time. You can also check your previous orders in your account. And if you no longer need your account you can just send us an email stating the email address used when creating the account and we will delete the account for you.
4. Will I be spammed with advertisements after creating a customer account? Will you use my customer account to keep me updated on sales and the likes?
No. We will only use the email address you enter when creating your account to send you order confirmations and shipment notifications for the orders placed from that account. You may also ask us to reset your account password, in which case a new password will also be emailed to this registered email address. Apart from these two occasions, we will not send any emails to your registered email address.
If you want to be kept up to date on sales and the likes, please sign up for our newsletter. Our newsletter system works independently from customer accounts and you can sign up for either one separately.
5. Can I change my order?
Until you send off your order you can change the contents of your shopping cart yourself. Once the order is placed we may be able to change your order or merge multiple orders IF we receive your email or phone call concerning any such wishes before your order has been processed.
6. How can I cancel my order?
You can call us any time between 8:00 a. m. and 4:00 p. m. from Monday to Friday (please keep in mind that we are in Germany so your local time may vary) at +49 (0) 26 24 - 94 92 882 or send us an email.
7. Where can I find your payment info?
If you choose to pay by bank transfer our payment details can be found in the order confirmation which we email to you as soon as we receive your order. If for whatever reason you do not receive this email, please check your spam folder and, if this is unavailing, use our contact form to send us a quick note stating the problem and your order number (the latter is displayed when you place your order).
I) Concerning Postage and Deliveries
1. How will I know when my parcel gets shipped?
Once we hand over your parcel to the parcel carrier we email you a shipping confirmation including your parcel's tracking number. Using this, you can check out your parcel's location (usually tracking works from about 8 p. m. that day).
2. I've entered the tracking number and cannot find my parcel, what can I do?
Our parcel carrier does not usually scan in parcels until a few hours after they are collected from us, and your parcel only becomes trackable after that scan. Please try again a little later.
3. Why is my parcel late?
Particularly large parcels, such as Nagarium cages and runs will not fit through the automated DHL parcel sorting stations. These parcels are sorted by hand and usually take an extra day or two. If the expected parcel is not oversized, or if the extra time has also passed, please give us a call on +49 (0) 26 24 - 94 92 882 or send us an email, stating your order number and the parcel's tracking number.
4. What countries do you ship to?
We ship to: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finnland, France, Greece, UK, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Czech Republic and Hungary. Unfortunately, shipping to other countries is not currently possible.
5. What are the rules for parcels to Switzerland?
- The current duty free threshold for commercially sent parcels is CHF 62.50 including shipping - no VAT is charged on orders below this threshold.
- Import duty is charged on a weight basis.
- If your parcel is subject to import duties or taxes these will be charged to the recipient: private individuals must pay cash on delivery; to commercial customers are charged import duties plus advance commissions, payable on receipt of an invoice.
III) Concerning the Products / Product Information
1. I have a question concerning a product, what can I do?
We try to answer any possible questions in our detailed product information texts. If your question still remains unanswered, you can click here
to email us. We strive to reply to all questions as soon as possible, but sometimes we are so busy that you may wait a few hours to receive a response. If your question is particularly urgent you can also call us on +49 (0) 26 24 - 94 92 882.
2. I have an idea for a new product for your shop, what should I do?
Please email us your product suggestion. We love hearing your ideas.
3. I would like to order an item which is sold out just now. When will it be back in stock?
If a product will take more than a few days to be restocked there will be a note stating when it will be back. If a product will not be in stock for an extended period, it will be removed from the shop - for this to happen the product will usually be out of stock for a minimum of four weeks. Please call us on+49 (0)2624 9492882 (Monday to Friday, 8:00 a. m. to 3:30 p. m.) for detailed information of specific products.
1. How do returns, revocations and complaints work with Rodipet?
- Decide what type of return it is: Do you want to send back a faulty or damaged item for a like-for-like exchange, do you want to exchange an intact item (e. g. one that was incorrectly described or that you imagined to be different from what it turned out like) for something else or do you want to revoke the purchase, i. e. return the goods for a full refund?
- Please fill in the returns form that came with your order or, alternatively, the PDF returns form to speed up the processing of your return. Alternatively, you can use our cancellation form. If we cannot find any instructions concerning how to proceed, we will try to get in touch with you to find out your wishes. If we do not get a response within two weeks, we will refund the purchase price.
- Package the goods and returns-/revocation form, if applicable; print out your free DHL returns label and post your parcel.
- Once we receive your return parcel we will post a replacement or refund your purchase using the means of payment originally used by yourself.